As we all know this is an incredibly challenging time for our community, our country and our world.
Coast Community Connections would like to inform our community that, in line with the most recent government updates, the majority of our services remain operational, these include:
- Ageing support services
- Disability support services
- Home modifications and maintenance
- Children’s services including Before & After School Care, Occasional Care and Vacation Care
- Youth counselling
- Problem Gambling
In line with the most recent government updates, the following services have ceased for the time being:
- Community Centre
- Kindy Gym
Of course, this is subject to change as we receive the latest government updates and advice in this constantly evolving situation.
We have been following government advice and recommendations closely and are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers, clients, visitors and community as a whole.
We continue to assess the situation with regards to the cancellation of events and services on a daily basis, based on the advice from Department of Health and the Australian Government. Our top priority is to inform our clients, members and guests about remaining safe and implementing the social distancing recommendations.
Coast Community Connections has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers, clients, visitors and community. These include:
- Maintaining the basics – Wash hands, cover your nose and mouth when coughing, use cough etiquette and avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of cold or flu like symptoms.
- Increased signage about good hygiene practices
- Increased our number of cleaners and frequency of cleaning
- Additional hand sanitiser placed throughout our Childcare facilities
- Staff and visitors alike are encouraged to practice social distancing and avoid personal contact such as shaking hands.
If you think that you may have been exposed, please contact the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080, your local GP or the nearest Emergency Department for assistance.
We know the importance of social inclusion and engagement to all ages of our community and as such will continue to operate our business. We know that loneliness can have far reaching health issues itself, so we encourage you to reach out to your friends or a chat with an elderly neighbour. It’s a time for us to pull together sensibly and support each other.
Now more than ever we need to band together, be kind and support local business and members of the community.
We appreciate your patience and diligence during this tough time. For more information please contact us on 02 4343 1888.